In Upper-Intermediate Unit 1, you will learn to:
- ask for, give and refuse permission formally and informally
- use linking phrases to talk about reasons and purpose
- start, maintain and end conversations
- correctly use adjectives that take '-ed' and '-ing' endings
- review and ask subject / object questions
- use common idioms, slang and phrasal verbs
- ask questions using question tags with correct intonation
- review the uses of present simple and continuous
- use the present continuous to complain
- describe habits using 'tend to', 'keep', 'will' and 'always + present continuous'
- talk about thoughts, opinions, emotions, senses and possessions using state verbs
- use the past perfect continuous to emphasize duration and describe repeated past actions with past results
- use the sequencers 'first', 'next', 'then', 'after that', and 'finally' to describe steps
- use defining and non-defining relative clauses correctly
- describe past habits using 'used to' and 'would always'
- talk about changing situations using 'get / be used to'
- Begin to study with Lesson 1.
- Follow the lessons in the correct order to get the most benefits from your online English training.
- The next lesson will activate automatically as soon as you have finished with the previous lesson.
Choose the lesson you will study today:
|Lesson 1||Lesson 7|
|Lesson 2||Lesson 8|
|Lesson 3||Lesson 9|
|Lesson 4||Lesson 10|
|Lesson 5||Review Lesson|
|Lesson 6||Test Center*|
* Test Center: will be available after you have completed all your lessons.