In Upper-Intermediate Unit 3, you will learn to:
- talk about environmental issues
- use linking words to discuss cause and effect
- talk about activities and abstract ideas using gerunds
- use common adjectives / verbs and prepositions that go together
- describe personality characteristics using new adjectives
- use suffixes to make nouns and adjectives
- explain why you do things using infinitives of purpose
- use common adjectives and nouns with infinitives
- use verb patterns with 'to' and '-ing'
- emphasize what you say using 'absolutely', 'completely', 'so' and 'really'
- describe things using extreme adjectives
- use zero, first, second and third conditionals
- avoid saying the source of information using the passive + an infinitive
- use common phrasal verbs and phrases with the word 'get'
- use common slang
- say you're unhappy about a present or past situation using 'I wish' and 'if only'
- express annoyance or complain using 'wish + would'
- apologize and accept apologies
- use the words 'apologize', 'sorry' and 'forgive'
- Begin to study with Lesson 1.
- Follow the lessons in the correct order to get the most benefits from your online English training.
- The next lesson will activate automatically as soon as you have finished with the previous lesson.
Choose the lesson you will study today:
|Lesson 1||Lesson 7|
|Lesson 2||Lesson 8|
|Lesson 3||Lesson 9|
|Lesson 4||Lesson 10|
|Lesson 5||Review Lesson|
|Lesson 6||Test Center*|
* Test Center: will be available after you have completed all your lessons.